It’s been wonderful to be on a blog vacation this past week. I’ve spent some time thinking through where I’d like to head with my posts this upcoming year. I’ve also taken a bit of time to write a few drafts I’ll be able to use in the weeks to come.
This morning, though, I decided to stop by and post my favorite reads of 2009. No ranking here, just a rough look at the order in which I read.
- Chasing Lincoln’s Killer
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth
- The Mysterious Benedict Society
- A Drowned Maiden’s Hair
- Love, Aubrey
- The Hunger Games
- The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass, aged 37 3/4
- the Crimson Petal and the White
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
- The Secret History
- The Kitchen Boy
- A Southern Family
- A Narrative of the Life of Mrs. Mary Jemison
- The Shadow of the Wind
- Opal: A Life of Enchantment, Mystery, and Madness
- Cordelia Underwood (haven’t finished yet, but deserves to be here!)
What books have you enjoyed this past year?