- The Gypsies of Spain – Jan Yoors (NF)
- If I Stay – Gayle Forman (YA)
- Catalyst – Laurie Halse Anderson (YA)
- Fat Cat – Robin Brande (YA)
- Wintergirls – Laurie Halse Anderson (YA)
- Freedom Crossing – Margaret Goff Clark (MG)
- The Rights of the Reader – Daniel Pennac (NF)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond – Elizabeth George Speare (YA)
- Th1rteen R3asons Why – Jay Asher (YA)
- The Last Treasure – Janet S. Anderson (MG)
- Twisted – Laurie Halse Anderson (YA)
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell (NF)
- Tipping Point – Malcolm Gladwell (NF)
- Henry and Ribsy – Beverly Cleary (MG)
- On the Banks of Plum Creek – Laura Ingalls Wilder (MG)
- Blink – Malcolm Gladwell (NF)
- On Writing – Stephen King (NF)
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman – Dorothy Sterling (MG)
- Leaving Gee’s Bend – Irene Latham (MG)
- Flash Burnout – LK Madigan (YA)
- The Midnight Fox – Betsy Byars (MG)
- The Crimson Cap – Ellen Howard (YA)
- Riding Freedom – Pam Munoz Ryan (MG)
- Blessing’s Bead – Debby Dahl Edwardson (YA)
- Story of a Girl* – Sara Zarr (YA)
- Alabama Moon – Watt Key (YA)
- If a Tree Falls at Lunch Period* – Gennifer Choldenko (YA)
- The Long Winter – Laura Ingalls Wilder (MG)
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy
* listened on CD
I’m almost a third of the way to 100! My reading this year has been pretty kid-heavy. I’m looking forward to reading a lot of adult fiction over the summer.
What are you reading right now?
Stephanie Cheryl says
Right now I am reading PAPER TOWNS by John Green and MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE by Nicholas Sparks.
I should be getting John Green’s WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON in the mail any day now, as it official comes out tomorrow and I pre-ordered.
Valerie Geary says
Well of course you already know what I’m reading… at least 1 of what I’m reading. I took yesterday off from writing… so you should know that I’m about 40 pages from being done with THE DEAD TOSSED WAVES. I’ll probably finish it today. 😀 I still don’t like it as much as FHAT, but I’m enjoying it a little more.
I’m also reading: ICE SONG and CHARACTERS AND VIEWPOINTS.
That’s interesting Valerie – I enjoyed it more than FHAT, I think because I like the mc more than I liked Mary.
Who is ICE SONG by? I like the title.
I’m 5 books behind you Caroline! Wow, I better get reading. I’ve just finished two fantastic books Magic Under Glass and The Earth, My Butt and other big round things. I read Unwind, but one scene disturbed me so much sort of ruined an otherwise great book.
Thanks for taking the time in the middle of moving and all that major upheaval to comment on my blog! Yes, you’re the only one that mentioned I’m holding a turtle. LIttle enigma.
Sigh. That used to be me. I miss it. I’m so burnt out lately. Hopefully your list will inspire me!
Sheri Larsen says
Wow. Great list. Still stuck on Dark Visions, l.j. smith. Also started The Book Thief.
Great job reading! I’m in the middle of Al Capone Does My Shirts. MG
Shannon O'Donnell says
That’s a lot of books! I just finished BEFORE I FALL and am about to begin FALLEN.
Karen Strong says
I haven’t had a chance to read a lot of books this year. You have a great list though. Some good books.
Some of the books I’ve read this year are THE SECRET YEAR (Jennifer L. Hubbard), INCARCERON (Christine Flecther), ALL UNQUIET THINGS (Anna Jarzab) and BEFORE I FALL (Lauren Oliver). I’m currently reading THE BODY FINDER (Kimberly Derting).
Irene Latham says
Wow, Caroline, keep going!! I am reading CHARLES AND EMMA.
CARAMELO by Sandra Cisneros
I’m also reading THE BOXCAR CHILDREN to my daughter. It was one of the books I read over and over as a child.
Natalie Aguirre says
I almost exclusively read mid grade & YA books. Right now I’m in the middle of 13 Reasons Why. In fact, you’ve inspired me to shut off the computer and go read. Thanks.
THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE PINK CARNATION by Lauren Willig. It’s great! Oh, and PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS: THE SEA OF MONSTERS, which is also great. (Duh! How could it be not? It’s Rick Riordan!!)
Heidi Willis says
The Midnight Fox was one of my favorites as a kid!! I tried to get my son to read it and he just wasn’t interested in it. I’ve tried over the years to make that delicious calzone-like meal he makes in the book!
I haven’t read The Help but it’s high on my list. Is it good?
Right now I’m reading the next two books in the Scenarios series by Nicole O’Dell, which I’m reviewing for her later in the month. They’re the first MG I’ve read in a while, and I really like them. It’s impressive to see how much she continues to grow in her writing as the books go along.
I’m also in the middle of Dan Brown’s Lost Symbol. A little adult to balance the kids. 🙂